Liturgy for July 15, 2012 in Pasig
For an explanation of the details of this liturgy, see “A Brief Walk-Through Our Liturgy.” This is based on John Calvin’s liturgy in the church in Strassbourg published in 1545. For a paper on the pattern of Biblical worship from “the Garden of Eden to the New Jerusalem,” see “The Heavenly Pattern of Worship” by Peter J. Wallace.
Entering into God’s Presence
* Call to Worship Psalm 143:7-10
* Invocation Psalm 124:8
* God’s GreetingÂ Ephesians 1:1-2
* Opening Prayer
* Psalm of Praise When Morning Lights the Eastern Skies (Psa 143:7-10) #295:1-4
Confession of Sin
Reading of the LawÂ Ephesians 5:1-5
Confession of Sin:
3 For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me.
4 Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight.
5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me.
6 Behold, you delight in truth in the inward being, and you teach me wisdom in the secret heart.
9 Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities.
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit.
Assurance of Pardon Psalm 51:13-17
Response of Gratitude
Psalm of Thanksgiving God, Be Merciful to Me (Psa 51) #94:1, 4
* The CreedÂ Nicene Creed
Offerings Psalm 50:14
Service of the Word
Scripture Lessons Ezekiel 36:25-27; Ephesians 5:18-21 (text)
* Gloria Patri
* SongÂ of Preparation Now with Joyful Exultation (Psa 95) #184:1,2,4
Sermon â€œKeep Being Filled”
1. The Promised Spirit
2. The Power of the Spirit
3. The Command to be Continually Filled
Leaving to Serve
* Song of Consecration Shout, for the Blessed Jesus Reigns #400:1-4
* Doxology Praise God, from Whom All Blessings Flow #493
* Benediction Ephesians 6:23-24
* Amen! Three-Fold Amen